Terms & conditions – Boiler installation quotation
Please read this document carefully as it will inform you on everything you need to know about how we deal with each other when we carry out installation work in your home. If you have any questions, please let us know before you accept the quote.
- We will carry out the work set out on your quote, for the price that is stated in it, under the following terms and conditions.
- Your quote is valid for 7 days and we must begin the work within 90 days of your acceptance. After this time your quote will no longer be valid and you will need to get another quote.
- The installation of new pipework and pipe fittings is guaranteed free of charge for 12 months after installation.
- The price we quote does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste materials, such as asbestos, that we could not reasonably identify when we gave you your quote. You can call a specialist contractor to remove these dangerous materials or we may be able to arrange for them to be removed at an extra cost. When asbestos is removed you will need to produce a ‘site clearance for reoccupation’ certificate, which you can get from the asbestos removal company, before we can continue to work at your property. We can help you get a quote on this if we come across any unexpected asbestos during installation.
- The price we quote includes removing all non-dangerous materials, including your old boiler and central heating parts we replace. All cardboard and plastic is also disposed off and recycled at our site. The price we quote includes Foreverwarm removing all non-dangerous materials including your old boiler, cylinder, scrap metals, cardboard and plastic. However if you wish to keep the cylinder and copper then this means the rest of the remaining materials will then become your responsibility to dispose of also.
- Any time frames we give you are our best estimates and we will do what we can to keep to those time frames. Where there are likely to be delays we will let you know as soon as possible and agree new time frames with you. The time it takes us to complete the work has no effect on the price we quoted you.
- We may need you to lift carpets or take up all or some other floor coverings, including tongue-and-grooved floor coverings, parquet, hardwood, rubber or tiled floors, so we can complete the work. Our engineers will endeavour to lay back all carpets to a high standard however the price quoted does not include re-fitting of any laminate/ solid wood/ tiled or lino flooring that we have had to take up during installation.
- We will take care to carry out the work without causing damage to your property. If we cause unnecessary damage because of negligence we will put it right. Sometimes we have to do extra work if we cannot use existing pipework or wiring to install the boiler, and this can cause damage to things like inside and outside finishing’s (for example, wall coverings and paint). You may need to redecorate, repair or restore certain areas once the work is completed. This is not included in the price we quoted and you will be responsible for this.
- If you are a tenant, you will need your landlord’s permission before you allow us to start the work, and we may need you to give us evidence that you have got this permission. If the landlord is paying for the installation he will need to be present for payment before engineers leave the property.
- If your property is a listed building, it is your responsibility to make sure that you get any permission you need before we start the work, and we will need evidence from you that you have got this permission. If you do not get the permission you need, you may be prosecuted in the criminal courts..
- You will need to have an adequate gas and electricity supply to your property before we can start the work. We can put you in touch with a gas or electricity distribution company to arrange this if you need us to. On most installations we will perform a magnacleanse magnet flush on the existing system. This is designed to clean the system and gives the best results without using high pressure. We will do our best to get every radiator hot evenly on the system. However this cannot be guaranteed as it is an existing system that we have not installed. On completion we will balance the system to the best of our ability. Re balancing and thermostatic radiator valve settings are the customers responsibility
- Where we have connected new equipment to your existing system, we cannot accept responsibility for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system that later develop faults, unless we have been negligent in not realising that this damage to your existing system would happen or unless the way we carried out the work was negligent and this caused the fault. When converting from open system to sealed, the central heating pipework will become pressurised. Any pipework that is visible on the survey will be looked at and advised on its suitability and will be our responsibility after the installation. However any pipework that we cannot see or have not installed is the customer’s responsibility. On completion of the job the engineer will show the customer how to re pressurise the system, this will then become the customer’s responsibility after installation.
- We will test your water supply pressure before we start work. As water supply rates can change, we cannot be responsible for your central heating system failing to work properly because your water supply becomes inadequate or keeps changing, unless we were negligent in how we tested your water pressure. Your water companies usually advise you when they carry out mains work on your water supply. This may cause temporary problems with flow rates in your property.
- If we are installing a conventional boiler then the surveyor will give you the best advice on the controls such as pumps, diverter valves and thermostats and whether or not it would be a good idea to change them. If we connect onto the existing controls then Foreverwarm cannot be responsible for the function of these controls once the boiler has been installed. We are only responsible for the boiler and any new controls that we have installed.
- We cannot be responsible if we cannot meet our responsibilities because of things beyond our control including, for example, poor weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes that we are not directly involved in or if we find that species (for example bats, birds, butterflies and dormice) or plants that could be subject to special protection are found to be present in your property.
- To carry out the work as quickly as possible, we may use one of our approved installers. All installers that we use are fully qualified and Gas Safe registered, and they all carry identity cards. We are responsible for the approved installers we use. If we spot lead hot water circs on the survey then we will quote to replace these when we convert to a combi system. If the lead is not visible upon the survey ie, hidden in the walls or under floors then we cannot take responsibility for this.
When replacing a conventional system to a combi system the hot water will become pressurised. The surveyor will check to see if the shower is compatible and give you the best advice about it. We cannot however be responsible if the existing shower has a problem, or leaks after the installation.
- Your new boiler will either be connected to the existing controls or a simple timer and thermostat added if required. If you wish to have a programmable thermostat or smartphone compatible thermostat then Foreverwarm will set this up for you on the completion of the installation and explain how it is operated. You will be then left with the instructions and you the customer takes full responsibility of altering and re setting the equipment. The boiler will come with a manufactures warranty and this will be the responsibility of Foreverwarm to activate so that it can be extended where appropriate and then gas safe registered. The thermostat control and the filter will come with a manufactures warranty. This information will be left with you and your responsibility to activate.
- THE MAJORITY OF WORK UNDERTAKEN WITH FOREVERWARM IS DONE WITH NO DEPOSIT. PAYMENT IS TAKEN ON SATISFACTORY COMPLETION.YOU WILL BE REQUESTED TO FILL A SATISFACTORY FORM OUT ONCE THE JOB IS COMPLETE. WE WILL THEN ISSUE YOU WITH YOUR RECEIPT. DUE TO NEW DATA PROTECTION LAWS WE NO LONGER TAKE OVER THE PHONE CARD PAYMENTS INSTEAD WE SEND EMAILED CARD PAYMENT INVOICES.
If you wish to pay bacs this is to be done so on the day of completion using below account.
Foreverwarm Heating Ltd is authorised and regulated by the financial conduct authority. We are a credit broker not a lender and have a facility with a panel of lenders.
Foreverwarm Plumbing And Heating is a trading name of foreverwarm heating ltd.